2007. november 28., szerda

Cakes

Sunday was Kathleen day and I wanted to make a surprise for Ket. So I asked ABU what kind of cake she likes. He discovered that it will be a "Schwarzwald" cake (it's an originally German thing). It is not a too difficult one but I have never succeeded to make it well. But it could not be a problem. I am a very smart girl and can make a lot of difficult cakes, how can it be wrong. Well... it could.
First problem was that I wanted to invite everybody on Monday so I baked the so-called cake on Monday (I think it was awful). But Ket, who didn't suspect anything asked us to go to a pub. Okay, after some beer we come home with the friends and eat the (let's call it) cake. One beer came after the other and finally we came home alone and very tired. Well, the boys weren't so tired as they sat down and ate nearly all the cake. We decided to meet today again and the cake would go wrong till that so I agreed the boys that they can eat it.
Well. Today I woke up early to bake another cake. It looked better than the Monday version for the first sight. But when I wanted to cut it into 3 slices... well it became something interesting. So we had 2 slices and something which can be put in between the two slices, but cannot be called a slice itself. No problem, it will be inside, nobody would care about it. So there came the cherry-cream and the whipped cream and some sour-cherries. Then the "not-a-slice" thing. Then cream and sour-cherry again. And it all became a heap of edible things. Okay, try to save it. I could only laugh. So there came the top slice and some whipped cream, sour-cherry and chocolate onto it. So now the middle of the thing looks like a cake, but it is still a heap of sweet things. The taste of it must be good.
Well it is the intention, that matters.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: